Pages

Getting caught up in the Web

Once again the Time Bullet blog reminds us of a superhero from the Golden Age--MLJ Comics' The Web.  While I'd heard of DC's parallel hero, the Tarantula, the Web was previously unknown to me.  I guess I hadn't realized before how much "house styles" could influence a character's presentation.  The blog makes the point that the Tarantula used lots of gadgets (more like a Batman) whereas MLJ tended to rely more on action, melodrama, and good old-fashioned fisticuffs.



While the name...could be better.  And the color scheme is...not exactly what I would've gone for...the story of "The Web and the Book" is actually decent.  I encourage you to give it a read.  Once I finish reading all the old Midnights...The Web is serious contention to be my next superhero of focus.






No comments:

Post a Comment