Pages

Marvel's Inhumans: the view from Spring Road

I just finished watching the opening episode of Marvel's Inhumans.  Given the early feedback I'd read on comic blogs and YouTube channels, I was expecting to be dramatically underwhelmed...at best.

Honestly, I don't get all the negativity.  The show seemed pretty good to me.  It did a nice job introducing the internal dynamics of the royal family and slowly revealing what a backstabbing schemer Maximus is. 



While I would've preferred a closer adherence to the classic comic depictions, there's just some things you can't easily translate from the animated world to the live action one. (Exhibit A: the loss of Captain America's classic "head wings" in the MCU movies).



At the risk of labelling myself an unsophisticated boob, I'm going to say that I actually like the first episode of the Inhumans, and am eager to see more.

There. I said it.  Now, let the mockery and nerd-shaming ensue. 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment