Pages

Secret Wars: Did I really miss anything?

Since I started reading comics toward the tale end of the 1980s, I missed out on the original Secret Wars storyline when Marvel introduced.  Therefore, I was pretty excited to run across an overview of the series on the Marvel University blog.

What I learned from "Prof. Flynn" is that I didn't miss much.  I remember the tandem toyline released with Secret Wars.  I well recall agonizing over whether to ask my mom for one of DC's Superpowers line toys, or one of the Secret Wars characters.  (As it turns out, looks like I made a wise choice going with Hawkman). 





I was a little surprised to learn that the original version was pretty much as it was depicted in the Spiderman cartoon of the 90s (except that in the original mini-series it was Captain America, rather than the Webhead, who was chosen to lead the heroes.



Also, I'm pretty sure Madame Web didn't have anything to do with the Beyonder's initial gambit.)


No comments:

Post a Comment