Pages

Best of Others' Work: The Angel before the Angel

Life got busy again last week, and I wasn't able to complete any of the original posts I've been working on.  So, once again, it's time for a "Best of Others' Work" post...the series in which I share with you something I've run across on the Interwebs that I found especially interesting.

Today, it's a five year-old post from the Comics, Old Time Radio, & Other Cool Stuff blog, wherein author Tim DeForest introduced me to a Golden Age vigilante named "The Angel."  As I shared in the comments section of CTROCS, ever since I got into comics I'd thought it strange that no one had ever thought to name a character "Angel" until Stan Lee & Jack Kirby in 1963.  Turns out that instinct was right.  There was an earlier Angel...he was just forgotten.  When I realized that the original Angel was a creation of Paul Gustavson, the same chap responsible for the Midnight story we're currently mid-way through reflecting on, it just seemed like kismet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment