Pages

My history with Green Arrow

When I was a child, Green Arrow was one of my favorite superheroes.  (Actually, it was a pretty close race between him, Hawkman, and Apache Chief.  Yes, I was a bit of a weirdo.)  

Anyway, at the time I only knew superheroes from cartoons...like this classy piece of high-quality television from 1973:



When I got a little older and started reading comics, I quickly learned of the left-leaning politics of the Emerald Archer as he was then being written, and lost any real interest in trying to follow his books.  (Besides, by that time, I'd discovered Marvel and had Hawkeye, so I didn't really need Oliver Queen anymore, did I?)

Hawkeye

Well...the CW's Arrow series helped reignite some of that old passion.  Little did I know that the Season 4 story line wherein Oliver runs for mayor was NOT just something whipped up for television, but had precedent in the comics.  

So, if you too are a fan of old school Green Arrow, I recommend you head over to Pete Doree's The Bronze Age of Blogs and give "What Can One Man Do?" a read.





P.S. -- I just found this witty.  You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment