Pages

FNF (Round 1): M1 results and Gangbuster vs. Miss Melee

Before announcing the winner of our first match, I'd like to present my opinion on who would win.  I say the nod goes to Camaleao Cinzento.

The superior power set of Black Crow notwithstanding, it seems relevant to me that Black Crow's powers are fundamentally mystic and arise from "the Earth spirit."  However, the specified setting for this battle is "an exoplanet."

While I can't prove it, my assumption is that there must be some sort of effective range that Black Crow can be away from the Earth before his powers go away.  If you accept that, we could debate just what that range is, but outside the solar system strikes me as obviously too far.

If you grant that, then Jesse Black Crow is returned to being a paraplegic facing off against a guy who's superpower is pretty much useless anyway (due to his being colorblind).  Camaleao Cinzeto's main strength is not the ability to change color, but simply his ninja skills.  For these reasons, I think he's easily the winner.

That being said, I pledged myself to honor the community vote.  The community has voted.  Congratulations, Black Crow!  You're going to the second round.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round 1, Match 2

The next match pits Jerry Ordway & Marv Wolfman's street-level crusader Gangbuster against Rob Johnson & Ariel Guadalupe's domestic diva of destruction Miss Melee!

Since Gangbuster has changed a bit over the years, I want to specify that this duel presumes the Jose Delgado Gangbuster as he appeared in Adventures of Superman # 434 (November 1987).


Gangbuster (as depicted in Adventures of Superman #434 (November 1987)

Background on Gangbuster






Miss Melee (as depicted in Miss Melee #5 (October 2017)
Background on Miss Melee 

Setting
This fight takes place in a desert setting near twilight.  Both combatants have suffered dehydration and are beginning to feel the effects of heat exhaustion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment