Pages

BONUS POST: When your church believes in your kid...

Recently, our church engaged in an unusual practice.  Instead of passing the plate for a contribution, we did so for a distribution. 

To help fund the expansion of our building's new children's wing, baskets of cash got passed around and everyone was invited to take out as much a they thought they would need to invest in their own talents and skills.  The church was then charged with turning a profit on that money as their talents and vision allowed. The resulting profit, then, is to be returned to the church within about two months' time. (Think Matt. 25:14-30)

Anyway, my middle child chose to make clay figurines.  While he personally enjoys Disney characters more, I was able to prevail on him to do a custom special of Big City's avenger just for his dear ole' dad.  (To say that I'm proud of both my son, AND my church family would be a gross understatement.)






No comments:

Post a Comment