Pages

Why no superhero post today?

When I started this blog, I had every intention of posting new content at least every Monday.  This week, however, I simply could not.  Last weekend, my wife and I lost our second child in utero in a row.  This time, we had to say "goodbye" to our daughter, Selah Ruth at only 17 weeks and 4 days.  To say that we are heartbroken would be an understatement.  

In the aftermath, I have struggled simply to find the motivation to care about much at all (outside of my immediate family).  I believe this is a pit of grief that will pass with time...but, much to my displeasure, there simply is no way to microwave grief.  It has a life cycle all its own and we ignore it to our own detriment.

I suppose the superheroes I have in mind on this day are all the millions of people out there who have suffered similar (or greater) losses than we did last Saturday, and yet soldier on.  They keep putting their hearts out there.  They keep caring.  They keep making a difference in the world.  

Needless to say, we would appreciate your prayers for our healing and our hope as we move forward on a path we did not choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment