Pages

Fiction Foundry 25

(Mike tossed a quick appreciative smile to his mother.)

"Well, I don't want to pull you away from them any longer than necessary, so I'll cut to the chase.  I'd like you to come down to the building this afternoon for our trauma processing session."

"I...um...I don't know. Aren't Mary and Desmond coming?"

"Yes, they are."

"Well, I'm...not too sure they want to be around me is all."

"That is something that needs to be addressed," Leedle confessed, "but problems aren't solved by ignoring them.  You've all been through a lot.  Of course no one can make you attend, but I think you'll be glad if you do."

The seconds ticked by as Mike weighed the pros and cons of the situation.  He took so long, in fact, that Pastor Leedle finally broke the agonizing silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment